Friday, September 11, 2009

It's time to go shopping!

I have been feeling good these past few days. I think that promising not to eat bread no matter what made a big difference. Today my negotiator came up for a minute when I tried to tell myself that a wrap was not the same as having bread but luckily that conversation didn't last too long and I left with a salad and a side of vegetables. Phew! Victory!

This week I went to the grocery story and filled up the refrigerator with lots of vegetables, fruits and my salad favorites! Luckily for me Kellen likes to eat healthfully and we don't have anything in our home that is tempting. That makes a huge difference.

What's in your refrigerator? If you want to succeed in eating more healthfully make sure you have what you need in your home. If you have things you love to eat that are healthy it is going to be easier for you. Do whatever you need to do to support your goals. Take out the tempting options. If you are craving sugar and you don't have it in the house, how likely is it that you will jump in a taxi, or the car and go and get it? Get rid of anything that is tempting. I know some of you have husbands, children that you think won't live without the junk but give it a try! Get then some healthier versions of the treats like frozen fruit instead of ice cream, fruit and yogurt instead of cookies, popcorn instead of potato chips. Yeah, they might whine a complain a little but encourage them to try new things! Just try it! Don't assume they will not want to feel good all the time too!

My food journal today
cup of oatmeal with a teaspoon of coconut oil, agave and sliced almonds
a large salad with 1/4 avocado, zucchini, walnuts, olive oil and vinegar
A cup and 1/2 of nonfat yogurt with mixed berries, agave and a sprinkle of cacao nibs
Chicken soup

Workout Journal
30 minutes of weight training

I am keeping my personal promise to skip the bread no matter what!

What is your personal no matter what promise? What did you choose to eat today? Did you workout? Come on let's hear it! No secrets.

Love
Patricia