Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The 10lb countdown will you join me?

I am going public with my 10lb countdown so that I stay really present to my goal. My goal is to lose 10lbs by October 5th. I am starting another IVF cycle and it's important for me to lose the 10lbs I put on over the past few months so that I am feeling my best during this challenging time.
Would you like to join me? That's about 2lbs a week. If you are joining me make sure you post it here below.

If you want to join me answer this question.
Why do you really, really want it?
I really want it because I feel better, happier, more connected to myself and others when I feel good in my body. I really want it because I want to get pregnant and I don't want it to be with any extra weight to begin with. I really want it because I know that who I have to be to get myself there is who I really like to be.

I consider losing weight a spiritual practice. It takes mindfulness, love, willingness, self discipline, inner strength and honesty. It takes letting go of old stories about why you can't do it, why it is too hard, why it will never happen. It takes letting go of the resistance to feeling great. It takes letting go of using food as a way to go to sleep or numb ourselves and choose to eat in a way that awakens us and allows us to blossom. Letting go is a spiritual practice. In yoga we learn that to achieve enlightenment we must learn to let go. There is nothing we need to add or fix about ourselves, it is all already there but we have to let go and trust that we are already that which we want to be. Are you willing to let go?

We have to be willing to change. If we want to lose weight and keep it off we cannot rely on quick fixes, diets, diet pills, starving, over exercising, fasting or extreme behaviors. We have to really be willing to change. We have to be willing to change how we see ourself. We have to be willing to change our perspective and drop our excuses about why we can't be, do or have what we really want. Are you really willing to change?

I want to have it all! For years I tried all kinds of diets and weightloss programs. Once I was in a program called grey sheet. It is a 12 step program and it is extremely disciplined. You have to weigh and measure every single thing that goes in your mouth all the time no exceptions. If you lick the spoon or your finger that counts as a cheat and you have to report it to your sponsor. I did learn a level of self discipline and awareness I had never experienced before and that gave me a sense of feeling empowered but I didn't want to live my life like that. I decided I wanted to have it all but the only way to have it all is to have a great level of self discipline.

If you can trust yourself to follow through on your promises you can have it all. That means if you say you are not having refined carbs you don't and then when you say you are going to have one desert you do. It means being able to create a lifestyle that means you can incorporate all of your favorite things but in a way that keeps you living in the body you really feel good in.

This is very challenging for most people. Most people feel better doing extreme things but the problem is then it is almost impossible to live that way so the yo-yo syndrome, the up and down, the on and off becomes a way of life. Then most people just loose the strength to try again because they have failed so many times before they no longer believe in themselves.

Building the power to choose day to day and follow through is the Sati life way. Building a higher level of self awareness and self discipline which provides us with the freedom we are yearning for. No longer feeling out of control but feeling empowered that we can keep our word to ourself.

My plan for dropping this 10lbs is
workout 6 days a week at least one hour
no refined carbs or sugar, that means no bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, cereal or sweets
my meals consist of raw and cooked vegetables, nuts, yogurt, fruit, eggs, fish and vegetable juices.

My mantra is
I want it, I want it, I really really want it! Now is a really good time!
My body now restores itself to perfect weight and perfect health. I am willing now!

Sign up for the next eating with intention and awareness call September 9th 8:30pm ET email rsvp@intensati.com for the dial in number